Ed is an attorney at Walzer Melcher in Woodland Hills, California. He brings his former experience as a civil litigator and trial attorney to the practice of Matrimonial and Family Law. Prior to joining the firm, Ed earned successful, multi-million dollar outcomes in numerous civil lawsuits. He has discreetly represented plaintiffs in many difficult to win situations involving intellectual property, entertainment contracts, union dues, royalties, breach of contract, fraud, employment law, bankruptcy, defamation, sexual harassment, wrongful death, malpractice, municipal liability, and civil rights.
The Hollywood Reporter called one of Ed’s cases a “rare legal action” where even the veteran Federal judge presiding over the action explained to the litigants that “he never would have thought” he would rule in favor of Ed’s client. (Steven-Elliot Altman v. Capitol Films, LLC; and In re: Capitol Films Development LLC, 2:10-bk-19938-BR).
Ed’s diverse litigation background is invaluable to spouses and parents involved in high-profile divorce litigation where alimony, child support, child custody, paternity, and division of property issues are amplified by the fact that a spouse has substantial income, investments, real property, or intellectual property.
• State Bar of California
• United States District Court, Central District of California
• United States Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
• Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
• Beverly Hills Bar Association, Family Law Section
• The State Bar of California, Family Law Section
• Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
• California Employment Lawyers Association (2010)
• American Bar Association (2004)
• Volunteer Judge at National Entertainment Law Moot Court at Pepperdine University School of Law
• Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Honors Society
• University of Florida, Levin College of Law, honors, (J.D. 2006)
• University of Miami, Honors Program, cum laude (B.S.C. 2003)
• The Cochran Firm Los Angeles
• Fremantle Media North America
• The Walt Disney Company
• Universal Studios, Inc.
• Evergreen Media
• Florida Entertainment Law Review, Vol. 1.1 – Editor-in-Chief
• Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, Vol. 17 – Executive Articles Editor
• Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, Vol. 16 – Senior Articles Editor