Common Sense Advice for Those Going Through a Divorce
Divorce is not a walk in the park. It can feel like never-ending battle that puts your children in the middle. You will question whether or not you are making the right decisions. While only you can answer that question, with the right support, legal team, and outlook, you will hopefully find yourself in a better position after the divorce than you were during your marriage.
12 Pieces of Advice to Consider When Going Through a Divorce
- Stay off of social media until the divorce is over. This includes Facebook!
- Being divorced is often easier than getting divorced.
- Join a gym! And make use of your membership!
- Consider your children’s well-being every step of the way.
- Let it go. Pause and think before you act.
- When staying in an unhappy marriage is harder than leaving, it may be time.
- It may get worse before it gets better, but it will get better.
- Reach out to your friends for support. You are not alone – chances are one or two have been through a divorce themselves.
- Seeing a therapist or joining a support group may be the right decision for you – give it a try!
- Everyone recovers from a divorce in their own time
- Be honest with your lawyer and follow their advice!
- Make – and stick to – a financial plan.