Kristina L. Hohne joined Walzer Melcher after almost six years as a business litigation associate at Parker Milliken, a century-old law firm in downtown Los Angeles. Kristina has experience with and has litigated complex issues in a variety of areas, including accounting and tax disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, professional malpractice claims, wrongful termination and employment cases, products liability defense (automotive and pharmaceutical), will and trust contests, trade secret misappropriation, personal injury matters, contract claims and commercial and corporate disputes. Kristina’s diverse litigation background has been instrumental in assisting clients in complex divorce litigation where the issues are multifaceted and stakes are high. Each case presents its own set of challenges, but Kristina has the ability to analyze the issues and manage high-pressure situations.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Kristina interned as a summer associate at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office in their Victim Impact Program where she was able to see firsthand all aspects of the judicial system, from arraignment to jury trials, and the impact those proceedings have upon children and their families. She has also been able to enhance her litigation skills by acting as a Volunteer Moot Court Judge at UCLA School of Law, her alma mater.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSE & ADMISSIONS
- State Bar of California (December 2011)
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Juris Doctor, UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, CA (May 2011)
- Women’s Law Journal, Managing Editor
- Moot Court Participant
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, in Honors Economics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA (Revelle College, June 2007)